iTWire: Hype and rumour abound as to the nature, price and design of the highly-expected Apple tablet – or iPad or iSlate. I won’t add to the false predictions but I’ll certainly tell you what I hope it isn’t.
Archive for the 'iPhone' Category
I really shouldn’t leave it so long to post here!
Since last time, this is what I’ve been writing on for iTWire … mostly Linux, but some other items too.
- The wit and wisdom of Linus Torvalds
- Why doesn’t everyone just run Linux?
- Why the latest IE flaw proves Linux got it right from the start
- Dumbass consumers squander netbook experience by rejecting Linux
- Obama and McCain prove critical open source argument true – this is an important one! Electronic voting systems are a reality and only the open source viewpoint can assure transparency and accuracy.
- School teacher claims, “Linux is illegal, no software is free.”
- Geeks seek to hack depression
- Why do Windows programs suck so freaking much (and what can they learn from Linux?)
- Linux netbooks look likely to save Government education promise
- Why the Cybersource education solution won’t get off the ground
iTWire: I got an iPhone! Telstra relented on their original viewpoint that new contracts had to be taken out and they wouldn’t cater for the business and government market. Mind you, Telstra’s support line could stand to take training …. !
Hoorah! It’s iPhone-eve! The world will be watching as the clock draws towards midnight … except one segment of phone buyers who have been totally excluded. In a mess of mixed messages the telcos seem to have hired the famous Seinfeld soup Nazi as their director of enterprise and government pricing. That’s right, “No iPhone for you” despite the claims it’s a better business device than BlackBerry.
Here’s my story about trying to buy an iPhone to sign up to my company’s corporate pricing plan. I was continually told it wasn’t possible. I tried to dig further to find out just why out of every mobile phone my telco offers this one is so different. The reason, in my view, is due to Apple’s demand for a grab at the ongoing cash — which at the same time makes a mockery of their claims to now offer enterprise level features like push e-mail.
iTWire: What could be cooler than the brand spanking new 3G Apple iPhone? How about adding your own content to it? Here’s how to begin writing your very own programs for the Jesus phone, replete with flashy effects and pictures. All you need is a Mac and an iPhone. Heck, you don’t even need the iPhone – here’s how to get an iPhone emulator too!